»”BEGEISTERTE DIE ZUHÖRER DURCH SEIN SCHMELZREICHES MATERIAL UND DIE STRAHLKRAFT SEINER HÖHEN – DIESEN NAMEN SOLLTE MAN SICH MERKEN!”«ONLINE MERKER
»BESONDERS BEGEISTERT DAS STIMMSTARKE SÄGER MIT ALEX KIM ALS TAMINO«MORGEN POST
»„ALEX KIM VERBINDET EINE BRILLANTE GESANGSTECHNIK MIT WUNDERBAREN KLANGFARBEN UND GROSSARTIGER GESTALTUNG. EIN TENOR, DER ABER AUCH MIT DEM HERZEN SINGT!“.«MARTIM WETTBEWERB
Alex Kim trained at the Korea National University of Arts in Seoul with Prof. Sang Ho Choi and finished his basic studies as a Bachelor of Music from 2004 to 2011. He studied for Opera Masters program at the Hamburg University of Music and Theater with Prof. Carolyn James from 2014 to 2016.
He has won many prizes including First Prize Ravello international competition in Italy (2016), Second Prize Cappucilli international competition in Italy (2016), First Prize Gustav Mahler competition in German(2016), Second Prize at the first international “Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg” singing competition at the Nürnberg opera house. First Prize & Audience Prize at Klaudia Taev International competition in Estonia(2015),Third Prize at 53° Concorso Internazionale Voci Verdiane “Città di Busseto” in Italy(2015), Premium de Excelent Prize at Hariclea Darclee International voice competition (2015), Second Prize at the Elise Meyer Stiftung competition in German(2015),. First Prize & 2 Special Prize at the Martim voice competition in Germen (2014), Second Prize at the 8th Magda Olivero International voice competition in Italy(2014), Luciano Pavarotti Foundation Best of Young Tenor Special Prize at the International Marcelo Giordani competition in Italy (2013), Finalist in the dell’opera International competition in Österreich (2013).
The young tenor has debuted as Eurimedes from Telemann, Jungen Seemanns & Hirte (Tristan und Isolde), 1. Brabantischer Edler (Lohengrin), 2.Nazarener(Salome)
in 2016 at the Hamburgische Staatsoper having sung Tamino at the “Theaterquartier” in Hamburg.
Alex Kim’s upcoming roles include Erscheinung des Jünglings (Die Frau Ohne Schatten) in 2017 at the Hamburgische Staatsoper, Alfredo (La Traviata) in 2017 at the Pärnu Opera Festival,a role, which he already sang at the IBK Hall in Seoul and at the Daegu Art Center in South Korea. He appeared as Duca (Rigoletto) at the Verdi Festival in Busseto in 2015 and has performed the roles of Ferrando (Cosi fan tutte), Nemorino (L’elisir d’amore), Edgardo (Lucia di Lammermoor) and Rodolfo (La bohème) in South-Korean opera houses such as the Korean National Opera, Knua Theatre in Seoul and Gwang-ju Theatre.
- 2. PRIES DIE MEISTERSINGER WETTBEWERB VON NURNBERG.2016
- 1. PRIES MAHLER LIED DUO WETTBEWERB 2016
- 1. PREIS & AUDIENS PRIES KLAUDIA TEAV INTERNATIONAL WETTBEWERB 2015
- 3. PREIS 53° CONCORSO INTERNAZIONALE VOCI VERDIANE “CITTÀ DI BUSSETO” 2015
- PREMI DE EXCELENTA PREIS MARICLEA DARCLEE INTERNATIONAL WETTBEWERB 2015
- 2. PREIS MAGDA OLIVERO INTERNATIONAL WETTBEWERB 2014
- 1. PRIES & 2. SONDERN PREIS MARTIM INTERNATIONAL WETTBEWERB 2014
- LUCIANO PAVAROTTI SONDERN PREIS BEST OF YOUNG TENOR, MARCELLO GIORDANI INTERNATIONAL WETTBEWERB 2013
- 2. PREIS ELESE MYERE WETTBEWERB 2015
- 1 PRIZE RAVELLO INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION 2016
- 2 PRIZE CAPPUCCILLI INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION 2016